11.28.2007

To Work or Not to Work

That is the question... I am not exactly sure of the details but tomorrow is supposed to be my first day back at Nova. However, I received a phone call and was informed that the company was offering another option. Option #1, start working, receive a regular salary, be on call to go to whatever branch they tell you to go to that day, and only get 3-4 days off for the holidays. Not a bad deal and the salary is 252,000 yen (yes, that is right, I am making 6 figures right out of college). Option #2 and the one that seems mighty appealing at the moment. Take a cash advance not to work until January 10th in the amount of 150,000 yen. Take as much vacation time as I wish, continue to do privates, and have fun for another month. Not sure which option I am going to choose yet but like I said before, I am leaning towards option number 2.

I know it sounds too good to be true but it makes sense from an economic standpoint, especially if they are unsure if they will have enough students. They save a 100,000 yen a month if you were just going to go in to work and sit around. Either way, I will feel a hundred times better after I get some money in my bank account.

In other news, no girlfriend. Joel and I are looking for an apartment and I will probably go check out a place Friday. Privates are probably up to 10 solid a week now which is good. Not too much else is going on. I am writing this pretty late because I am awake and have nothing else to do. It is about 1 am so this probably seems very chaotic. Had a little too much to drink the other night - Big K is on my mind thanks to Joel. But, that is a whole other story. Hope every one is doing great. I have actually been dreaming lately which is a great sign that I am getting enough sleep. Three days in a row I dreamt and I don't remember the last time that happened... Remember, smile!!

No comments: