9.08.2013

Sunday Hang Out by the River

Last weekend was the long weekend with Labor (also known as Labour in Canada) Day.  Saturday was the big tubing trip and Sunday we were planning on going on a hike.  Then, we were going to just hang out at the house.  Then, since the kids were at grandmas, Bob asked to have the house alone with Mikey.  So, we hopped in Tito and took to the road, not really sure where we were going to go.  We headed towards Kananaskis, but didn't quite make it all the way there.  I guess a bridge is out along the way, so we pulled off to the side and hung out by the river for the afternoon.  Played a little cribbage and Shereen did some yoga.  I got in the water a few times and just enjoyed being outside.  Came home and made some cheeseburgers and watched 'Seven.'  Thus, ending the long weekend of adventure.  Here are a few photos:  


(The water came up pretty high so I decided to roll up my shorts)


(This is my Miley Cyrus look with my shorts rolled up and pockets out)


(The water was quite chilly and I'd say it only took about 2 or 3 minutes for your legs to go numb, but it felt great!)


(Shereen was a bit timid as she got in)


(A new hairstyle)


(Time for some cribbage)


(We took a blanket along, but if I had to do it again, I'd take some beach chairs.  This is cribbage from a different angle.)


(Our view as we sat by the river)


(Yoga time)


(She got pretty serious when it came time for yoga)


(She knew I was snapping away pictures but didn't want to smile too much, but I got her to a little bit)


(Not quite sure if this was a push up or some yoga position)


(A few pictures from when we got back - see if you can find the bird...)


(Sunflower)

1 comment:

Plowboyzzt said...

We're catching up on all your posts, RLB. Happy to know you're playing cribbage! Remember playing with Wren (and us) on the Appalachian Trail? Your life is amazing! Love you, PoliPoli and Plowboy