10.11.2013

Fall is Over...

Had the first snowfall of the year last night, which is exciting.  Those of you who know me, know how much I love the snow.  More importantly, perhaps, is the fact that it signifies the end of Fall.  Hopefully, with the change in season comes a new approach, a new beginning, a chance to let go and move on.  Woke up this morning and wasn't quite sure if I was going to take pictures, but glad I did.  The contrast with the leaves and the snow was awesome, although you can't really tell from the pictures.  Good thing I did because all of the snow melted.  

Lots of big decisions to make in the next few weeks and lots to figure out.  I am firm believer you are where you are in life because of the decisions you make, either consciously or unconsciously.  Although I'm not quite sure where I'm going to end up, thinking about the possibilities excites me.  I hope you find yourself excited wherever you may be along your journey!  


 (The sun was just starting to come up.  This is the view from the front porch.)


 (Tree in the backyard with a face, if you look closely enough)


 (Red Deer Lake in the background.  You might have to click on this picture to appreciate the contrast in colors.)


(I kind of liked how the leaves on the ground matched the leaves till in the trees and the contrast with the snow)


(Same shot from a little different angle and it's amazed me how much the color changed)


(This is just a bush in the front yard but I liked the reddish color)

No comments: