11.28.2011

Hanging at the Fortress

The other weekend, before it got too cold, Katrina and I decided to take a bike ride down to Suwon Fortress (Hwaseong Fortress) and hang out. We were going to picnic but we just ended up getting a drink and some chips. We took a walk around a bit and I snapped a few photos - nothing special. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and isn't getting too caught up with Christmas around the corner. I sure do love these holidays and miss being home this time of year.


(One of the sentry posts)


(A sweet sunflower growing out of the wall)


(More foliage growing out of the wall. I do enjoy this time of year for colors.)


(Katrina hanging out with the sunflowers and an idea to give you how big the wall really is)


(Dragon Wagon - it runs from one side of the fortress to the other and can save you a lot of walking if you plan correctly)


(So, we were playing kick the rock and having a good time. I believe I bet Katrina she couldn't get it far enough to hit the people in front of us... well, she did. This is the reenactment photo of that moment.)


(This is Katrina's actual reaction moments after the incident)


(I think it was the matching outfits that gave her the power to kick it so hard. This is the actual couple. The guy turned around and looked after the tiny rock hit his shoe. I should have pointed at Katrina, but I didn't.)


(The main gate - if you look closely you'll be able to find Katrina)


(A side gate - to walk around the fortress it only costs 1,000 won or about a dollar)


(Katrina on the lookout)


(This is another view of the side gate and sentry post)


(This is just an interesting little house we passed on our walk)

No comments: