1.05.2013

The Life of Pai

One of my favorite stops in Thailand, next to Chaing Mai was a little tiny town to the north called Pai.  I guess it is considered the Hippie BackPacker town of Thailand.  It was laid back and relaxing.  I even went on a tubing trip which was an adventure.  Unfortunately, there aren't any pictures of that.  Here are a few of the photos from Pai.  


(Candles)


 (Some interesting art work - Pai is falling in LOVE)


(A quirky little toy shop with some interesting gizmos)


(A piece of art I liked - there were street vendors every night and it was a quaint, cozy, non invasive market where you could look at works and enjoy your time outside.)


(Breeze of Pai Guest House - a nice little hostel for around $10 a night)


(The traveling pink van)


(This was the good luck charm outside of our hostel)


 ('Traditional' Chinese village outside of Pai.  They were still doing a bit of work.)


 (Entrance to the Chinese Village)

(A few from the scooter we rented for a day)


(A natural water slide which looked more dangerous than fun.  Needless to say, I didn't make the trip down.)


(Some of the handicrafts for sale)


 (The 'Grand Canyon' of Thailand)


(Another shot at the Canyon)


 (Yep, saw quite a few of these guys around Pai.  Didn't ride any but I did get a chance to feed one for $2 or $3.)


(Peace Bridge from the Japanese invasion I believe - it's been a while)


 (Yep, here were some people riding an elephant.  I'm not really upset I didn't do it.)


 (Temple)


 (A view of the countryside)


(A lying Buddha)


(Traditional wagon outside one of the temples)


 (They love the Buddha)


(Someone's house...)


 (I am not sure if I would call this a temple or a place of worship.  I believe it is supposed to hold a relic of the Buddha.)


 (Guardian outside one of the temples)


(In this tiny town there were lots of great places to eat and the food was great.  Also, there were a lot of vegetarian options.)


(This was outside city hall or the police station.  I guess it's ok to mix beliefs and government in Thailand...)

No comments: