12.21.2011

End of the Fall Semester 2011 - Tu/Th Classes

The same as with the Monday, Wednesday, Friday classes. Here are a few photos from the end of the semester. I will say, my first class on Tuesdays and Thursdays was perhaps one of my favorite classes of all times. They were talkative but respectful, they knew when to work and when to have a good time. It was a great class and I'm going to miss a lot of the students.

In other news, busy time of the year. All my Christmas gifts are wrapped and ready to go. I got a Christmas package from my mom - thanks Mom. And all of the gifts I ordered online arrived in time for Christmas. The head middle school teacher will be gone next week so I'll have a sweet schedule after Christmas - staying until 10 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of next week. We also have our first of the bi-semester video observations, Quiz Whizz, and a staff meeting on Thursday. So, busy week. After that, intensives start and it's 11:30 to 8:30 - an extra hour of work be we get off an hour earlier. Hope everyone is doing well. Wishing you guys and gals a very Merry Christmas and happy holidays!


(In the front we have Rachel, Christina, and Stella. Second row includes Anny, Julia, and Vicky. And in the back, myself, Ella, Ann, Alice, and Bill. Kind of felt bad for Bill, he was the only boy in the class.)


(The ladies in the front doing a bit of posing)


(As I said, this was probably one of my favorite classes of all time. I am going to miss these little kiddos. Luckily, only two moved up to the middle school so I may teach them again.)


(This was my second class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They were also great but had a little more energy as a class and a few 'talkative' students. Overall, I really enjoyed teaching them as well.)


(Here is Emily. She can play a traditional Korean instrument called the gayageum.)


(Sally and Angela in the back)


(Sandy and Bang Bang Jack in the front followed by Alexander and Emily with Sally and Angela in the back. Bang Bang Jack is a bit of a handful at times.)


(On the other side of the class we have Matthew, Sally, Steve, who usually sits next to his brother Glen, and Lina, who had a boyfriend, which is big news in Korea, in the back.)


(The students are getting ready before class starts)


(The following are students who I've taught at some point and who all moved up to Ivy. In this first picture we have Kelly and Monica. I had Kelly, the one in purple for about a year helping her prepare to enter Cheongshim.)


(Here we have CBK or Crying Baby Kevin. He always used to whine in class so I just nicknamed him CBK. It's stuck, even after 9 months.)


(The Little Avalon group. They are fun to teach but also a handful.)


(Perhaps one of my favorite all time students - GI Jane. Her level wasn't GI but she just reminded me a bit of Demi Moore in the movie GI Jane. She was smart, polite, and raised her hand to answer every single question. Sadly, she moved up to Ivy.)

No comments: