12.11.2007

Pay and Apartment Update

Wonderful news! I checked my bank account this evening after my private lesson and sure enough, the 150,000 yen was in my account!!! That will sure make things a lot easier this next month and I will not have to constantly worry about saving money. This does not mean that I am going to go crazy here and spend a large sum of money. I already got myself two Christmas presents – a pink and grey sweater from UNIQLO.

Today, after my lesson, I went to the bookstore in Umeda. They wanted $20 minimum for a book. It is ridiculous! They have a Shakespeare anthology which includes most, if not all of his works and I thought about buying it, except for the fact that it was $80. So, whenever you come to visit, please bring a used book or two so I have some reading material. Right now I am reading some Sherlock Holmes. I must admit, I enjoy the mystery/criminal stories. After a long day of walking yesterday, in which I made three round trips from the old apartment to the new apartment, I thought I would be able to just go home and fall asleep. I took a quick shower and settled in to bed, with the orange glow of my heater lighting the room. I decided to do a bit of reading so I grabbed the book and yanked the chord for the light. Four hours later I was still engrossed in the novel and came teasingly close to finishing the second story before my eyes gave way. I put on my headphones and listened to my Deep Sleep Mediation track (which has me create a blue mist of comfort around my body) and was out in the next ten minutes.

As for the apartment, my move went relatively easy compared to Joel’s. I have no problem asking for help, especially in a foreign country and with the assistance of Hiroko’s father, moving was a breeze. We went to the dollar store today and got some more hangers, towels, sponges, as well as a few other little touches for the apartment. Between now and Friday I will attempt to take some pictures and put them up on the blog. The apartment is situated in what I deem to be a decent part of town. There is a beautiful park which I can see from my window and a river walk not four minutes from our place. The location in that sense is wonderful. However, it is about a twenty minute walk to Shin-Osaka, the train station I most frequently use. Nevertheless, I sent my friend a message today and she has an extra bike which she is going to give me. I should be able to pick it up on Friday, the same day our refrigerator is supposed to be delivered. So, with money in the bank, which I did not have to put in there myself, and the apartment coming along nicely, I am in a wonderful mood! Hope everyone is doing well and finals are coming along without a hitch. Surely most of you are preparing for Christmas, putting up lights and decorations, as well as a tree. I am in the Christmas spirit and find myself playing Christmas music often. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care! Love you all and have a great day.

On a side note, the Generals/Panthers upset (which was not an upset according to my dad) the JR Flyers! Way to go boys!

On a second side note, no internet at the new apartment yet so we still have to hike up to the old one in order to use it.

No comments: