12.14.2007

What a Great Day!!!

Although I received some unpleasant news today or at least some news which could have been better, I realized that I am happy. Lately, with a lot of time on my hands, I found it very easy to discover all of my faults. To name a few: I am lazy, which I absolutely despise, my time management skills are poor, I am impatient, I do not eat the healthiest foods, and I often let my desires get the best of me. Nevertheless, I left the apartment, with the sun shining and the cold air in my face, I had an epiphany.

Although I might be dissatisfied with several minute details in my life, I am extremely happy with where I am at right now. I currently reside in Japan, a foreign country, and, on top of that, I am a teacher. As of right now, I do not know what else I could ask for in my life. I have always wanted to travel and see the world and now, right now, I am getting that opportunity. I AM DOING WHAT I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO! Needless to say, this thought brought a quirky little smile upon my lips and I gazed at the numerous signs which I could not understand.

On a side note, I now have a bike, one which was given to me by a friend. I rode the train to her station, met her there, got on the bike and headed home. I had no idea exactly how to get home but had a general idea. I came in from a different area then I had planned but luckily I was able to recognize a Pachinko place which I took note of the night before. The whole adventure took me through the maze of back streets in Senrioka, over a river, and almost into a warehouse of some sort. The bike came rather close to crashing on two instances and I have no doubt that before my stay in Japan is over, the aforementioned action will occur, it is rather only a matter of time.

I have found much joy in reading Sherlock Holmes; however, the shorter stores by O’Doyle are too predictable after the longer novels. I am only half way through the book at the moment but I believe there are only short stories left to read. Tonight I am going to have some coffee with friends. My next lesson is not until tomorrow evening and I am debating whether or not to go to Kyoto with the Aochi’s. Hope everyone is doing well. Try not to focus too much on the minor details of your life. Although introspection is necessary for development, do not let it overwhelm you or allow it to lead to your misery. Keep on smiling! Life is great in Japan!

No comments: