12.12.2007

A New Dew


So, yesterday I went to get my haircut as an offer from the blog. The man suggested an English lesson in exchange for a haircut so I agreed. He was a great guy and has spent the last five years in Manhattan. Not only was he a hairdresser but he was also an artist, a talent which I wish I would have acquired during some point in my life. During my haircut he showed me pictures of his art scrapbook/history. I enjoyed seeing his work because a lot of his work had meaning behind it. He showed me one picture which had about ten birds circling around the sun and one was black. He informed me that the black bird represented black people and although it stood out, it was still a bird nonetheless, same as all the other birds. He also did these amazing "dot" paintings which I am at a loss to describe. Eventually, I am going to put a link up on my blog to his website. So, if any of you are in need of a haircut and live in Japan, then I recommend you pay this man a visit. During my cut he informed me that if I came back I could get another haircut at a discount. Then, at the end of the lesson he suggested that we should go to Umeda sometime and hang out. Hiroko, Joel, and I all agreed and we exchanged contact information.



Tonight we are supposed to go and thank Masami for helping us to create the blog. I am a bit hesitant to thank him because I believe that he had ulterior motives and still plans to use the blog even after Joel and I are done posting. However, he did help us get some private lessons and spent a lot of time on the blog. So, I am going to go, shake his hand, tell him thank you, and then be on my way.

Joel is still working on internet at the new apartment. Last night we were unable to get the network up and running. We have internet but it is only on one computer for now so I only been on for half an hour thus far. However, perhaps it will be different tonight. It has rained the past few days so I am not sure when I will be able to take pictures to post on the blog. I got a blister on the back of my heel but did not realize it until I took off my sock after running this morning. I am sure it will be all heeled by tomorrow. Whenever I run, for some reason, my pinky toe starts to hurt. There is a sharp pain in it and I can't tell if its because my sneakers are too big or too small or if its the way I run or what. So, with the Christmas money that my grandma and grandpa gave me (thanks Mimi and Pop-Pop) I am going to buy some new running shoes. I wish I would have brought an extra pair of sneakers with me when I came because I think I wore my running shoes out with the walking I have been doing lately. So, I guess some time in the next week or so I will get a new pair of sneakers to aid in my workout regime. So, that is all for now. It is 1 pm on Thursday and my next lesson isn't until Saturday night at 5. So, I have some free time the next couple of days. Probably do some reading and studying. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying life! For some reason, I have been extra happy lately. I walked out the house this morning by the park and had a smile on my face. For some reason or another, things are looking up lately...

No comments: