12.07.2007

The Last Few Days...

The last few days have been a bit stressful to say the least. On top of all of this blog controversy, I received an email from Katrina, made dinner for the Aochi family to thank them for all of their help, and this morning I began packing. I have a lesson today from one to two, then Hiroko's dad is going to help me move, after that, its another lesson from six to seven, and then tonight I am going to eat dinner with a friend.

So, let me start with the email from Big K. It really didn't say too much except for Happy Holidays. It was a shock to get an email from her because I had been thinking about writing one myself. Needless to say, it has definitely made me think a lot this past week. I told her I needed some time to think about things and I will probably write her a message either tonight or tomorrow, it all depends on the moving schedule. Let me just say this, I realized that life is all about timing. Although every other circumstance might be perfect, if the timing is off, then things just don't seem to fall in to place.

For dinner last night I made shrimp Alfredo for the Aochi family to thank them for everything they have done for me. I think I added a bit too much butter but it still turned out okay. Anyway, they have honestly been like a second family to me here in Japan. A few weeks ago, I had no idea what was going to happen, if I'd have to go home, where I would live, etc. However, after meeting Hiroko's family I felt a sense of comfort and assurance - I knew if anything happened, I would have a place to stay and food to eat. That alone eased my mind more than any of the news I have gotten from Nova or anyone else. I wish I could do more for them right now but I can only make dinner and supply some chocolate.

Speaking of which, thanks mom for sending the chocolate, shirts, book and letter. Additionally, thank you Aunt June for my Christmas card in advance. It is nice to have American money again as I haven't seen it for close to three months now. I am not sure if I am going to exchange it or just hold on to it for the holidays. I guess it all depends on how much I can save between now and then. I was going to put my new address up but due to the recent situation (i.e. the nutty people who have found my blog) I will send out an email. Also, I have decided to close comments as this is to be a personal blog for friends and family; however, that is no longer the case. I am debating on whether or not I should start a new blog so be ready for an email in the near future.

Now, for the big event, moving. I got most of my things packed up this morning in about an hour. I am hoping it only takes a trip or two until with the car, but you never know. Joel had a hell of a time trying to move yesterday and I am trying to get him to write a story so he can explain it himself. Needless to say, we were both crying we were laughing so hard when he told me. We are supposed to have a refrigerator in the new apartment but that has yet to show up. Also, Joel went yesterday and we have no power. However, looking at the positives, we did have running water and, we now have a place to call home, an apartment we don't have to worry about getting evicted from, at least not yet anyway.

Well, I hope all this craziness settles down within the next few days. Then again, you never know. Hopefully everyone is doing well, full of smiles, and doing what makes you happy. I miss you guys, especially with the holiday season around the corner. Although I have spent the last few Thanksgivings with friends, this will be my first Christmas away from home. Take care everybody!

No comments: