12.27.2007

Ben and a fridge and Christmas


There has been a lot I have been wanting to post for the last week or so but I just have not been able to get around to it due to the holidays. For starters, my old roomate Ben headed back to Austrailia for Christmas. It was not because of the Nova situation but because he had planned to go home for the holidays. He was a friendly, nice, and great guy, one of the best roommates I have ever had. His girlfriend was a sweetheart as well and used to cook dinner for me every once in a while. So, Ben, I hope to see you again soon and if not, at some point I plan on going to Australia to visit. Best of luck in the job search and with the long distance relationship, I know they can be challenging.

The new apartment is pretty much complete and we are only lacking in one thing right now, a can opener. If you look at the picture below you will see Joel using our current can opener. We searched at the dollar store but with little luck.

About three days after we got our fridge that came with the apartment, the anti-freeze line broke so we put it outside in the cold and used mother nature as our anti-freeze

Pre-Christmas Christmas dinner. Thanks to Joel and my father, I was treated to a Christmas dinner surprise. So, thanks for the dinner Dad! We went to a really good sushi restaurant with Hiroko. Hiroko was having some boyfriend troubles so we invited her with to take her mind off of things for a while. Anyway, we had a delicious dinner, grabbed a few beers at the convenience store, and walked around Namba for a few hours. It was nice to get out of the house and enjoy all the Christmas decorations. Sadly, Christmas is similar to Valentine's Day and there were a lot of couples around. Which I do not think was good for any of us but what are you going to do.


(Christmas sushi)



(Hiroko and Justin)

(The Restaurant)




No comments: