10.20.2007

Latest and Greatest

I realize that I have not written in a while so, I figured it was high time I added another article. As usual, there is nothing much to report on. However, there are a few details about my life that I can tell you about.

For starters, I switched rooms. I was in the center/smallest room of the apartment but my roommate left for China. So, I now have a window, bigger room, and somewhat of a desk. Also, there is a closet so I can actually store my clothes someplace where they are not in eyesight.

I got a plant and would like to name it something but have yet to come up with anything good; so, if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

I have applied for about 6 teaching positions and posted my information on several websites regarding private lessons. To date, I have one private lesson and there is some other potential business workings in the works. As soon as I know of anything, I will be sure to keep you posted. With the help of Joel and our good Japanese friend Momo, we have templates for flyers; now, all we have to do is go to a copying place and get some copies made.

I am now on a schedule. I will stay in Japan until after the New Year, at which point, if I have no job, there are three options. Number one and the least likely, come home. It is always an option but not one that I want to willingly make. Option two - South Korea to teach English. I heard that the English business is booming there and plan on doing some research over the next few weeks. A very likely option. Finally, option number three is PeaceCorp and off to Africa. It would allow me to continue my worldly travels and help those in need. So, that is my basic timeline as of now.

I found a beautiful view of the city at night and have been there the past couple nights. It allows me to think clearly and to relieve a lot of my stress. So, I think it will be a place I visit quite often.

All of my job applications, I heard back from one company who is reviewing my information. I should know in two weeks what the deal is unless they do not contact me at all. So, keep your fingers crossed.

I am reading a book call The End of Faith... it is a great book and I think the author is a genius but perhaps that is because I have not had an intelligent conversation since I've arrived.

I dipped into my American funds yesterday. Would we have gotten paid, after everything was taken out, including rent, taxes, etc, I would have had around 900 USD in the bank. The new projected pay day is this coming Friday now but I highly doubt that will happen. So, I have not been to work and continue to apply to jobs online.

As of right now, that is pretty much all I have to report on. For the time being, the lady situation is a bit complicated considering she is extremely busy and my life is crazy, to say the least. But, as details emerge, I will be sure to keep you informed.

I hope that everyone is doing well and just remember, when you go in to a job you do not like, at least you are getting paid :) which is a lot more than I can say right now. Smile, I am trying my best to...

No comments: