10.28.2007

Sorry Mom

So, I talked to my mother this evening on the phone and tears came to her eyes. I know I shouldn't have told her, but I stepped on the scale today and realized that I lost ten pounds. It is definitely not because I do not have food to eat, trust me. I have a huge bag or rice and plenty of pasta. I usually have eggs and bananas for breakfast. I have money for food, everything is okay. Hiroko's parents told Joel and I we can go over there any time for dinner. So, for those of you who are worried, I have plenty of food to eat. It was all fat that I lost. I think I am a bit stressed out about Nova, but who wouldn't be. I got some more private lessons and things are on the up and up but more about that later.

One of my Japanese friends gained 20 pounds when she came to America. So, I definitely think its the portion sizes as well as the amount of fats in the foods. As an American, I never realized how little you can eat and still be satisfied. You are always taught that you need to finish your plate and restaurants serve probably twice as much food as you need. I am not eating fried food or greasy food, the most unhealthy thing I have had to eat the last couple of weeks is probably toast with margarine or a few fatty pieces of steak. Everything else has been extremely healthy. So, no worries. I have food to eat and plenty of it. I will take a picture of my cupboard tomorrow and post it online as well as the refrigerator. There is always PB&J and things haven't gotten that bad yet. Take care, hope everyone is doing well. If you want to diet, come to Japan, lose your job, and watch the pounds melt away... SMILE!!

No comments: