2.12.2013

Queen Street, China Town, and Kensington Market

First day, got my feet wet on the public transit system.  Even though I drove, I decided to get a weekly parking pass from the city as well as a weekly public transit pass, or TTC.  Hiroko took me to the subway station to get started, I got off and began my adventure only to realize I left my camera card in my computer. So, I made the trek back to the apartment and then back again to Osgoode Station, with a fully functioning camera.  Here are a few pictures from the day.  I made a few more trips to Queen Street and another to Kensington so there will be a few more photos of each.  This was just to get started.  I ended the day by making some Alfredo for dinner.  A nice start...


 (Street Car at Gunn's Loop.  I loved taking the streetcars in Toronto.  It was a smooth ride and you were above ground.  More cities should use streetcars.)


(Shot of Queen Street)


(Iconic CN Tower)


(Shot as I got out of the subway station)


(I saw these pizza pizza places all over the place)


(CTV building on Queen Street)


(Street signs)


(I liked this tree and gave it a hug)


(Another shot of Queen Street.  I think I ended up here 4 or 5 days.  It was an awesome little street with some great shops and a great vibe, at least for me...)


(Take a right on Spadina and you'll find yourself in China Town)


(Market in China Town.  At this point, it was below freezing.)


(Streetcar line in China Town)


(A great little statue)


 (Graffiti)


(CN Tower through China Town.  It was pretty much my reference point in the city.)


(Part of Kensington Market.  I made it back here towards the end of my stay so there will be some more photos later.  It is a lot of little shops and another quaint little place.)


(Who likes chocolate?)


(All these shops seemed to be at one time garages that were turned into shops.  Love it.)


 (Some more graffiti)


(Again, a regular house with graffiti and a garage/bottom floor turned into a shop)


(Another part of the city)


(Some more of China Town.  Somewhere I heard there were 7 China Town's in Toronto.  It is one of the most ethnically diverse cities I have ever visited...)


(The AGO - didn't make it inside)


(An interesting sign outside the AGO)


(A little graffiti to finish off the trip)


(A little more...)

No comments: