2.28.2013

Niagara Falls

On my way home from Toronto, I decided to stop at Niagara Falls for a few hours.  It's been a while since I've been there and it was a great experience.  I would like to see the falls at night and a little more sun would have been nice.  I have come to the conclusion that I enjoy nature best when there are no people around.  And while there weren't that many, there were still a few.  Regardless, I still had a great time and I am glad I stopped.  Here are a few of the photos:


(I ended up parking in some garden lot and this was the few as I approached the falls)


 (Not quite sure what this was used for back in the day, but it looked like fun)


 (The old power building, I believe)


 (The view as I got closer to the falls - that's snow in the foreground)


 (It was a little misty and at one point there was a rainbow)


 (I forget what this building was, but I believe this was also a power building nestled into the valley below the falls)


(Had to get one shot with me and the falls)


(Still a little misty, and overcast)


(The Skylon Tower in the background)


 (A little icy below the falls)


(You always hear how much better the Canadian side is and I think it's solely because of the view.  There weren't many places from the US side where you could get a great view of both falls.)


(A nice young woman took this photo for me after I took one of her and her two friends)


(O' Canada)


 (The falls with a little view of the city in the background)


(The US Falls)


(These next few shots were taken below the falls.  The time I was there, this was the closest you could get.  The Maid of the Mist wasn't running and even on the Journey Behind the Falls, this was the only view...)


(A shot of the Rainbow Bridge)


(Some more mist)


 (The lower observation deck was closed because of the snow and ice)


(This is a shot of the US Falls)


(Here's the tunnel that leads to directly behind the fall)


(And here was my view - I could hear the falls outside, I just couldn't see it)


(A final shot as I was getting ready to leave)


 (The power from the falls has actually moved the fall back quite a few feet, yards, meters.  Imagine taking a barrel over this...)

No comments: